Aiming to help the plastic packaging industry align with the European Strategy for Plastics in a Circular Economy, Plastics Recyclers Europe (PRE), the European Federation of Plastics Regenerative Enterprises, launched the RecyClass Platform, a program to support companies interested in increasing recyclability of their plastic packaging.
The basis is the Recyclass packaging recyclability evaluation system, linked to a tool that allows online assessment of the environmental performance of each specific plastic packaging solution. At the end of the procedure, the packaging is classified according to a scale that goes from “A” (easily recyclable) to “F”, when the only option is waste-to-energy.
The RecyClass Platform features:
- Costumer service support via email to all users’ questions regarding recyclability of your packaging.
- Official RecyClass Certification and label of packaging products.
- Analysis and assessment of your recycling policy.
- Design of a customized training course on site.
- Seat at the Advisory Board of RecyClass.
- Display of your company logo in a dedicated section of the RecyClass website.